One pest that’s sure to invade our businesses and homes all summer 2019 is German roaches! The German cockroach is most commonly found in commercial and residential kitchen and bathrooms.
These two places also have the most infestations of droppings on countertops and drawers.
German cockroaches are approximately 1/2 inches and light brown with two dark stripes on the top of its head and their infestation can cause health threats, particularly asthma and allergic reactions. They release odorous chemicals and droppings that make them a further health hazard.
These invaders strive in dark, moist areas with food source. German roaches eat what we eat! If you see them during the day or when the light is on, your home or office is infested!
To solve and prevent German roaches from coming back, cleanliness is key!
· Clean underneath and behind refrigerator and stove often
· Store food in containers with lids and in the refrigerator or pantry
· Take out the trash regularly
· Sweep and vacuum regularly
· Keep kitchen and bathrooms dry